Followers

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Everyone Should Go Camping

Before we get into backpacking and everything that goes on with that I think it would be wise to talking just about camping.  Camping is simple and can be done for one night in a variety of locations, I personally enjoy camping in places away from the noise of the city and cars so I feel really secluded but for some people that only is a 30 minute drive.  When camping it is important to take note of the forecast of the time you plan to be out and bring the appropriate supplies, if its going to be in the 30s at night and you don't bring the appropriate clothes and sleeping supplies then it is going to be a miserable night.  Next decide weather you want to cook meals at the campsite or bring packaged food or eat before.  If you are just going for one night I like to get to the site early enough to set up and cook dinner then hang out around the fire, then wake up with the sun and cook a nice breakfast.  Find some friends and try it for a night, search for campsites near you and visit the website to see if they have primitive camping, sometimes it gets confusing with RV parks and such, and then go out on a nice Friday or Saturday night.  Camping is a great way to bond and I would encourage anyone and everyone to try it at least once.  You can visit go HERE to look at the REI website on some basic supplies that you should have in order to have a successful camping experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment